Monday, July 21, 2014

My Makeup Story TAG

I love this tag on YouTube so I wanted to do it here on my blog! I tag anyone who reads this and wants to do it too! Make sure you leave a link to yours in the comment section so I can see it!!



My Makeup Story! 

1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup? 


I think I was about 14. I only wore mascara and lip gloss. I bought brands like Cover Girl, Jane and Wet & Wild. I didn't get really into serious makeup until about 5 years ago. =) Now I love to wear it all! (In moderation of course! No cake-face here!)


2. How did you get into makeup? 


I started getting really into makeup when I discovered the beauty community on YouTube and Blogs. I loved watching MakeupbyRenRen, MakeupbyTiffanyD, and MakeupGeek. I loved MANY, MANY blogs, as I could access them (and not YouTube) at work on my lunch break. I also was selling AVON so I was able to try a wide variety of products at a discounted price.

3. What are some of your favorite brands? 


Some of my favorite brands are Revlon, Maybelline, ELF, Wet & Wild,L'Oreal, Benefit, Urban Decay, Too Faced, Lorac, Laura Gellar,  and The Balm.

4. What does makeup mean to you? 


To me, makeup is a creative outlet and a hobby I love! I began taking the time out of my busy day as a full time working mommy and wife to give myself time to just be alone. As moms, we are always busy taking care of others in our lives (which is amaze and I would never trade it for any other lifestyle!) and it was a time that was just about me and doing something for myself. I found it really relaxing and exciting all at the same time. A few years ago I started doing freelance makeup for weddings, lessons, and events. I love it!

5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be? 

#1 Concealer
#2 Mascara
#3 Blush
#4 Lip gloss

6. What is your favorite thing about makeup?


My favorite thing about makeup is the creativity and friendship I've found in the online beauty community. I've made so many dear friends that I would have never "met" otherwise. I also love how trends change and looks evolve---things that initially look "eh" to me the first time I see it, then the more I see it on different people, the more I think I'm willing to try something new.
 
7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs. high end makeup? 


I think that they are very good things in the drugstores and are comparable if not better than some high end items. I think high end usually has better eye shadows as far as color, blend ability, and texture types. Although I will say, the drugstore brands are impressing me all the time. Wet & Wild eyeshadows are amazing!! Maybelline can be hit or miss, depending on what you pick up. Revlon lippies are beautiful and they have a great formula! I love more high end bronzers, as it's easier to find matte formulas. 

8. What is one tip of advice you can give a beginner? 


Don't be afraid to try new things!

9. What is one makeup trend you never understood? 


Totally nude lips---like concealer looking lips. Just don't think it flattered anyone. 

No comments: